EMC updates Data Protection Advisor software
EMC Corp. announced new EMC
Continue Reading This Article
Enjoy this article as well as all of our content, including E-Guides, news, tips and more.
The latest version of the software, 5.7, offers more visibility into EMC and third-party deduplication software, backup applications, virtual tape libraries and applications, including Microsoft Exchange 2010. An additional feature of Data Protection Advisor is automated replication monitoring. The new version of EMC Data Protection Advisor will be available later this quarter from EMC and authorized partners. It will be available as free upgrade to current customers under maintenance.
Backup My Info says it's helping SMBs speed up restores
Backup My Info (BUMI), a managed online backup and recovery service for small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), claims its data retention strategy is helping SMBs realize quicker restores and significant cost savings. BUMI has recognized that as much as 90% of a typical organization's data is no longer active, while the remaining 10% is dynamic and considered mission-critical. BUMI recommends that organizations streamline their approach to restoring critical data. By focusing on the changing data first, businesses can get back up and running faster. The remaining 90% can be restored in a phased approach.
InMage announces new backup and disaster recovery software for SMBs
InMage announced a new backup and disaster recovery product called vContinuum. vContinuum is designed for backup and disaster recovery of VMware ESX/vSphere virtual machine (VM) environments. Based on continuous data protection (CDP) technology, InMage vContinuum is geared toward SMBs.
Veeam reports record third quarter results in 2010
Veeam Software reported every area of its business grew during the third quarter of 2010. Total bookings revenue grew 88% in Q3 of 2010 over the same period in 2009, and new license bookings revenue increased 73% over the same period.
British Red Cross chooses Asigra backup
Asigra Inc. said the British Red Cross implemented Asigra's backup product with the assistance of its local partner Backup Technology. The implementation was designed to meet the problems the British Red Cross was having with its legacy data backup products, where backups were overrunning their allocated time due to increasing volumes of data. The product has also helped ensure the remote office data protection, where the lack of on-site IT staff meant that backup tapes were not being managed effectively.
Ahsay Backup Software releases beta version 6.1
Ahsay announced it has released beta version 6.1 of Ashay Backup Software. Ahsay Backup Software Beta Version 6.1 contains several new features, including a reseller panel for service providers to manage multiple levels of resellers, group policy for assigning different backup policies to different groups of backup users, delta merging on AhsayOBS for merging incremental/differential blocks on server side, and retention on AhsayRPS for retaining old copies of replicated files.